Focusing on two areas key to a sustainable transport future
June is the month for the second NZ Walking Summit. Have you registered yet?
This is your one chance this year to talk walking and its important contribution to better health for kids and communities, and better connectivity to public transport.
at the Auckland Transport Building in the Viaduct Harbour, Auckland
New Zealand's Walking Summit will focus on two areas key to a sustainable transport future:
1. Walking to school and play - what we need to know and do for kids to be independent travellers
2. Walking connections with public transport - why does good access to public transport matter and what are we doing about it?
• After day 1 join us for a stroll, drinks and dinner to wrap up the first day (pay as you go).
• Day 2 Walkshop the last mile walk from public transport with Elise Copeland and Ina Stenzel from Auckland Council.
• Hear Chloe Swarbrick MP talk walking on day 1
Check out the presenters from research, practise, cetnral and local government policy and standards to lived experiences for the NZ Walking Summit 2019 at this link.
Thanks to our generous sponsors for making this Walking Summit as cost accessible as possible - Auckland Transport, Abley, Community Comms Collective, NZTA, Walk Auckland and designer Becky Bliss.
Please share the goodness of talking walking by forwarding this message.