The Urban Design Forum NZ - UDF
promotes good urban design in New Zealand.
UDF partners are the Planning, Landscape, Architecture, Engineering and Surveying Institutes. UDF is modelled on similar groups in Australia and England.
The purpose of UDF is to:
• promote cross-disciplinary understanding of urban design amongst urban professionals;
• raise awareness of the benefits of urban design at both national and local levels;
• provide a forum for discussion of design-based approaches that are relevant to the development and management of New Zealand towns and cities.
Membership is open to anyone interested in urban design and includes planners, architects, landscape architects, engineers, surveyors and other professionals, together with politicians, academics, developers and individuals.
Being a member of the UDF means:
a. you receive notices about events and activities
b. share in networking sessions (at discounted membership rates), and
c. help to sustain the on-going expansion of the UDF’s work.
- submitted on a NPS on Urban Development
- submitted on the Productivity Commission 'Better Urban Planning'
- submitted on Plan Change 79 QE Square, Auckland
- appeared before the Independent Hearings Panel for the Proposed Auckland Unitary Plan
To Join UDF please visit our Join Us Page